Elevating Basics For Your Wardrobe
We may face two situations when we look into our closets. One is realizing we have too many basics; the second is recognizing we don’t have enough, and thus, we need to start collecting them to complement our growing seasonal pieces.Whichever situation we face, knowing how to elevate our basics come in handy to achieve that polished, effortless everyday look.
Accessorizing Denim Jeans
Denim is a definite staple in anyone’s closet. A good pair can last for years and go with several tops. There are other ways to style denim aside from cuffing the hem or wearing a belt. Try using a scarf as a belt or adding brooches to give oomph to an otherwise basic bottom.
- This Signature Bootcut 5 Pocket Denim Jean will never go out of style. Dress it up by adding pins on the pockets or rhinestones for embellishment.
- Use this Hearts Tree Print Silky Twill Scarf as a belt instead of your standard black belts.
- Try using this Carol Dauplaise Natural Short Necklace as an accessory hanging by the belt loops in place of an actual belt.
- Get this Westport Signature Capri With A Red Sash that already has a statement piece.
- Look for items like this Westport Signature Skinny Jeans With Snap Button At Ankle - Plus to add to your collection.
Buy denim pieces with embellishment that automatically elevates the basic style, like this Signature 5 Pocket Bootcut Jean With Bling Back Pocket.
Style Hacks for White Blouses
White tops are versatile and practical for any occasion. They make us look fresh, clean, and classy. But wearing white all the time can get boring, so it’s good to spice things up whenever possible. One style hack is layering it with colored tops. Choose a color that will go well with the bottom you intend to wear and layer it with your white top. If what you’re wearing has short sleeves, pick a colored top with long sleeves to wear underneath. For long-sleeved tops, wear a colored vest or sleeveless cardigan over.
- This Haifa Lace Wrap Top would look great as a layering piece. Wear it with a long sleeve shirt or a tube top underneath.
- Try this Blue Textured Striped Long Sleeve Top to pair with your white blouses.
- This Solid Off The Shoulder Top With Lace Trim would make a fascinating look when paired with the Haifa Lace Wrap top over it.
Other White Tops For Layering
- Wear this H Halston Sleeveless Ruffle Strap Blouse over long sleeve tops as an added accent.
- Try this Dr2 Casual Boho Sleeveless Top - Plus with its lace details.
The Little Black Dress Revamped
Who doesn’t have at least one little black dress in her closet? It’s a versatile piece to wear to cocktail parties, work events, dates, and so on. The well-known LBD can be much more when accessorized, layered, and styled correctly. It can be a capsule piece worn regularly while looking different each time. The shoes or accessories you pair with it can make it look casual or dressy.
- Get this Strawberry Fields Puff Sleeve Linen Mini Dress - Plus as your go-to little black dress.
- Accessorize the dress with this Metal Buckle Animal Faux Leather Belt or the Round Adjustable Belt to break the monotony.
- Wear bold jewelry like this Carol Dauplaise Natural And Gold Tone Long Pendant and the Carol Dauplaise Flower Drop Earrings to adorn the outfit.
Other LBDs to Try
- Go for the Katrina V Neck Midi Dress if you want a sleeker look.
- Try this Kaii Blocked Seam Skater Dress if you’re leaning towards a sleeveless option.
Choose something out of the ordinary like this Kaii Printed Strap A-Line Dress.
Dressing Up Plain Tees
Comfortable pieces are a must-have in our closet. We have those days when we don’t want to look dressy and would instead put on a plain tee. But there are moments too when we’re in the mood to dress up our t-shirts.
Layering is one way to style tees, and adding accessories makes plain tees look more sophisticated. Use pins or brooches to accessorize them and make them look unique.
- Be comfortable in this Classic T-Shirt Dress you can style in several ways.
- Try layering a shirtdress with this 24seven Comfort Apparel Plus Size Asymmetric Open Front Cardigan.
- Attach this Mosaic Pattern Kimono over the shoulder to create a unique look.
Other Elevated Tees To Try
- Check out this 24seven Comfort Apparel Hi-Lo T-Shirt - Plus, if you want a piece that’s longer at the back.
- Go for sustainable fabrics like this Solid Short Sleeve Pigment Wash Linen Tee With Knit Side Insets.
Try an asymmetrical tee like this Flutter Hi Low Scoop Neck Tee for a change.
Changing The Game of Suits
Suits are no longer limited to the standard boxy type. We can opt for dressy and relaxed suits to wear anytime and for varied occasions. Suit tops and bottoms can also be mixed and matched to create attractive looks.
- Invest in this pair: the Coco Cotton Wide Leg Pants and Coco Cotton Belted Blazer. They’re loosely fit, and you can wear them casually or formally.
- Try wearing the Zac & Rachel Double Layer Popover Cami on the inside to keep the same relaxed feel.
- Switch the belt for something more structured like the Knot Belt to give the pair a new twist.
Suit Alternatives To Try
- Pair the Dr2 Notch Collar Knit Jacket Blazer With Pockets with the H Halston Hem Slit Skinny Pant for a color-complementary look.
- Go for the H Halston Elastic Waistband Side Trim Wide Leg - Plus and H Halston Cropped Combo Camp Blouse - Plus for a coordinated look that’s just as good as a suit.
Basics Don’t Always Have To Be Plain
Though we choose to have basic pieces in our closet for their plain look, they don’t always have to be. That way, we don’t get tired of them quickly. Elevate your basics from time to time, or get them in unique styles for an unexpected take on the practical closet staple.