What to Wear to Your Thanksgiving Celebrations
Thanksgiving—yet another reason to get excited about fall. By now, you’ve probably done well in refreshing your wardrobe or creating a capsule closet to last you until spring comes along. But with all the festivities coming in, holiday dressing might still prove to be quite the task in conjunction with shopping and preparations. Fret not! We’re here to make things easier.
We're sure you're already sorting through your jackets, boots, and fall dresses. After all, everyone’s main goal is to look nice for gatherings—whether they be formal soirées or intimate celebrations. No matter if they’re with friends or family, making thorough preparations is necessary for a stylish yet comfortable feast. This means also feeling comfortable in bottoms that aren’t restrictive but not totally giving up the concept of looking glamorous or dressing to the nines.
Regardless if you’re looking to get dolled up or just want to go for something casual and comfortable, here are some outfit ideas you can take even beyond Thanksgiving.
Westport Signature 5-Pocket Modern Flare Jeans
Above all, being comfortable in what you’re wearing reigns over wearing ill-fitting clothes and missing out on truly having fun. There’s no shame in choosing to wear jeans at special occasions so long as the setting (and dress code) calls for it. We love a shapely and structured jean to not only give an outfit body but also enhance the figure. A high-waisted flare puts emphasis on the legs to elongate it—especially with a chic heel.
- Comfort doesn’t only have to be in jeans or sweatpants. Switch it up with a stretchy pair of textured leggings. We love a glossy leather one like the Roz & Ali Stretch PU Leggings for a high-shine moment.
- Besides a good pair of bottoms, nail no-fuss dressing with a bodysuit. The Ruched Long Sleeve Surplice Bodysuit has a gorgeous wrap silhouette and a tucked-in illusion that ensures your look is polished all day.
Day to Night
Holiday festivities can get hectic. There’s only so much time to see friends and family who are leaving for their other soirées. That’s why it’s important to have transitional outfits to effortlessly take you from brunch to cocktails. We love a statement-making print that needs no additions—maybe just your best metallic jewelry and a lipstick. If you prefer to keep it minimal, go for a classic silhouette that can be worn just about anywhere.
- Dress up in a silky babydoll number like the Animal World Smocked Silk Dress that’s wearable for any day date all the way to a late dinner.
- Want to keep it simple? A button-up wrap dress like the Faye Work Dress works double for both semi-formal events and busy days. It’s especially handy to have a piece like this when you’re going from the office and straight to dinner parties.
Figueroa & Flower Vintage Floral Maxi Dress
We totally get it, capsule wardrobe owners—when you’re shopping for clothes, you want something that will last you for all seasons. You prioritize trend-proof forever pieces and your closets are rarely filled with more than 30 to 50 items of clothing. However, it doesn’t mean that you have to stick to all solid colors. Choose prints that aren’t seasonally-specific—such as trading your regular florals for more versatile botanicals—as well as beloved silhouettes in striking shades. This brings variety and flavor to your trusty wardrobe.
- Foulard is a great pattern of choice. The Figueroa & Flower Foulard Print Maxi Dress ticks all the boxes—an artful print and a dreamy midi cut than can be dressed down with a simple block heel or up with tall boots.
- A sheath dress is always a classy option. Instead of black, white, or a muted color, opt for something brighter and more modern like the Yvette Classic Boatneck Dress’ kelly green shade.
One and Done
Jumpsuits are probably our most beloved piece in our wardrobes. Every woman needs at least one or two in their closets for those days when you’re pressed for time; whether it’s for parties or office meetings. When you don’t have the luxury of building a look together for your celebrations, go for a one-piece. Look for details like a wrap, a plunging neckline, a slim-fit on the waist, asymmetry, or a flared shape. These will add depth and visual interest to a streamlined look.
- When in doubt, black is always the way to go. The Studio One Sleeveless Ity Jumpsuit features a chic pattern that makes it look like you’re wearing separates. It’s still streamlined but with an extra touch to give it an edge.
- Shape is always important in a one-piece. The Athena One Shoulder Jumpsuit has an asymmetrical drape with dolman sleeves that complements the tapered leg well.
Love Story Smocked Off Shoulder Midi Dress
You’ve probably been busy all throughout the pre-holiday season, so embrace the glam when the celebrations come. A detailed dress is always a no-fuss option and can changeover smoothly to the holidays and all special occasions beyond. Smocking, puff sleeves, high slits, or a cinched waist are just some elements to look for when choosing a dress in your preferred length. Volume, body, and interesting cuts will enhance the ensemble altogether—plus they’re modern and timeless.
- For lovers of a mini dress, the Daphne Mini Dress is a romantic’s dream come true with a fitted waist, voluminous sleeves, and pearl buttons. No extra needed, just your best face—and perhaps a pair of small chunky hoops.
- Channel Parisian style with the Puff Sleeve Wrap Midi Dress featuring beautiful puff sleeves and an asymmetrical wrap that flatters the figure. Style this with mid-heel slingbacks and you’re good to go.
Feel Your Best
Dressing up has the great power to make us feel more confident. But ultimately, it’s also about being comfortable in what you’re wearing. Don’t stress out about picking what’s supposed to be the “right” piece or something incredibly glamorous but will give you discomfort throughout the night. When you’re celebrating at all your parties this year, think about how you feel in your outfit. When you know you feel your absolute best, it’s sure to shine through. Most of all, enjoy the moment.
Shop Thanksgiving outfits here.
← Older Post Newer Post →