5 Trends to Wear This Fall
We’ll always savor the warmth and vibrance of summer but while we got our fill for bright colors and in-your-face patterns, we’re ready to tone down for a more laid-back and moody approach to dressing. This season, it’s all about utilizing basics and layering like a pro.
Expect a resurgence of nostalgia from ‘90s grunge to ‘00s casual redux. Don’t forget embellishments like made-you-look accessories and hard-working bags. Most of all, keep an eye out for knitwear in all forms to cozy up in style as the temperatures drop. If you’re building a capsule closet, now’s the time to truly pay attention to create that perfect mix of au courant and evergreen.Ready for your seasonal refresh? Here are the five trends to add to your fall wardrobe.
Sundresses? Done. It’s time to cool down with ultra-relaxed denim. The type that’s oozing with nonchalance and effortless flair in contrast to the floweriness of resortwear. Enlist wide and cropped silhouettes that pair well with fitted tops for a flattering contrast. Or wear the trend in its truest form with equally baggy jeans, chunky sneakers, and a cloud-like sweater.
- A bootcut like the Westport Signature 5 Pocket Bootcut Denim Jean plays just as well into the trend. It bridges the gap between wide and skinny while framing and elongating the legs.
- Try a denim version of a motorcycle jacket with the A. Helm Acl Blue Jean Jacket. The crop fuses well with high-rise trousers and just looks cool with any casual top from tanks to tees.
- Go the high-waisted route with the Westport Signature High Rise Modern Flare Jeans featuring a more dramatic flare that gives shape along with a ‘70s-inspired feel.
- Not a fan of cropped? Wear the oversized Westport Trucker Denim Jacket with a an animal-printed sweater like the Dr2 Long Sleeve Pullover for a no-fuss yet stylish combo.
- Inject nostalgia into off-duty with the ‘00s favorite denim + white tank combo using high rise jeans and the Warrior Tank Top.
Prep is back to take the spotlight and this go-around, it’s a mix of collegiate with a more mature twist. Plaid and graphic sweaters are still big for knitwear while leggings and capes veer into equestrian territory that’s still polished with a unique and eclectic edge. In true spirit of preppy style, tailoring is the star of the show with clean lines courtesy of sleek blazers, well-fitting trousers, and white shirting.
- Keep it classic in a timeless print with the Plaid reCwneck Sweater or change it up with fiery fringe care of Adrienne Vittadini Long Sleeve Fringe Sweater.
- There’s no better time than now to acquaint yourself with fur textures. The equestrian-inspired Faux Fur Hooded Cape makes outerwear feel extra luxurious.
- Tennis club whites will always be the essence of preppy dressing. Add another wardrobe hero to your capsule with the Romania Oversized Linen Shirt.
- Sprinkle fall-worthy color into your ensembles with DR2’s olive Notch Collar Knit Jacket Blazer.
A bit of bling never hurt. In fact, building a jewelry collection enables you to dress simpler and effortlessly—which is especially convenient for those creating a capsule wardrobe. Not only minimal metallics but a good arsenal of whimsical statement pieces into the mix makes for a game changer. A casual pair of jeans and a t-shirt suddenly doesn’t look so regular with a chunky chain or chromatic earrings.
- Walk the line between bold and minimal with the multicolor Desiree Sapphire Stud Earrings In Sterling Silver or go for full vibrance with the Rainbow Earrings.
- Mix and match metals with the GSR Bracelet - Hearts’ trio of silver, yellow gold, and rose gold. Stack together with your casual outfits for an instant upgrade.
- Wear two trends in one with the Mac Necklace’s pearl and curb chain blend that creates a pendant with a chic toggle closure.
- Try the Astral Ring as a colorful base layered with thin rings on top or use the Northern Star Marquise Ring Set together to create shapely layers.
Sizable day bags are having a moment. After the micro bag obsession last spring, we’re ditching itty bitty purses and investing on spacious carry-alls. This isn’t limited to the biggest you can find but the idea is to have a functional accessory to house all your essentials and more—whether that’s a tote, a weekender, or a top handle satchel.
- The Champs The Weekender Duffle Bag makes things super convenient for short getaways. It’s water-resistant, adjustable, and even has a USB charging port.
- Coordinate your day bag to your wallet with the Yuliana Print Satchel Bag. Wear it on the go as a crossbody or carry it with the top handle for the office.
- Go the medium route with the Sabine Drawstring Bag. Not too big to overpower a look yet roomy enough to store all necessities and some extra along the way.
- The Raja Leather Clutch is stylish for all seasons with a blend of cane weaving and leather. It’s the perfect combo for modern girls who love Bohemian accessories.
Summer may be coming to an end but maxi dresses are here to stay. While it was happy prints and colors last month, this approach leans towards dark and romantic. The best thing about the maxi micro trend in general is its timeless and effortless appeal—all you need is one piece to make a statement. Pay attention to details and look for subtle but striking elements like ruffles, high slits, self-ties, or off-shoulder silhouettes.
- Transition smoothly into fall without leaving your love for florals. The Carmen Wrap Dress has micro flowers, frills, and a wrap silhouette to emphasize shape while staying simple.
- Pair the Juliette Dress with your favorite trench coat when layering outside for the cold. Not only does it add warmth, it’s going to highlight your maxi’s hemline beautifully.
- Bring the drama for evening soirées via the Sunset Maxi Dress’ flowy chiffon and sleek plunging neckline.
- Feel like wearing lighter colors? White never goes out of style. The Florence Off Shoulder Maxi is the perfect brunch dress for in-between weather with square low-heel sandals.
Explore and Expand
This transitional period is the best time to discover. Expand your style, experiment, and don’t be afraid to explore new things you usually wouldn’t gravitate to. Trying a trend or that one particular piece you never thought you could wear will soon surprise you. So go ahead and shop for your fall closet without overthinking—a free-spirited style makes dressing up so much more fun!