Nailing The Bra Top Look For SummerIt’s finally summer and we can wear as many bikinis and swimsuits as we want! The hot season is also the perfect excuse to nail the Bra Top look. There's no need to limit our bikini tops to the beach when we can take them to the streets. We’ll show you how to flaunt your bikini tops and pair them with the right bottoms so you can get a taste of this year’s summer fashion trend.
1. The Bandeau
Camila Top, $60.95 - Siena
A bandeau bikini top is a straight band across the breasts. It’s a mini tube top or bra top with no supporting straps on the shoulder. This type of bikini top is easy to wear casually - it’s like wearing a tube top. It has the most coverage among bikini tops other than the sports bra type.
- Wear the bikini top above with these Capri Pants With A Dolphin Hem and flat sandals. It gives off a fresh citrus summer look that you can wear while strolling on the street.
- You can also try pairing it with this Kaii Suspender High Waisted Skirt in Black and sneakers to give off a preppy cool casual look.
- Try the Dove Camila Top with the Laurent Linen Midi Skirt - Plus and platform slip-ons for a simple flowy feel perfect for outdoor brunch.
- Pair the same Camila top in Eucalyptus with the Westport Signature Shorts With Back Elastic Waistband and the Multi Pattern Print Kimono for a boho-chic look great for hanging out with friends.
2. The Ruffled Strap
Countess Top, $60.95 - Eucalyptus
Bikini tops with ruffle straps are meant to be shown as much as possible. The ruffles give the top its feminine flair. These tops can be paired with high-waisted bottoms for more coverage.
- Try the Countess top above with the Westport Signature Basic Capri Pants With Fray Hem in Blue Rain or Medium Vintage for a casual day with friends.
- For a high waist option, go with the Westport Signature High Waist Loose Fit Skater Jeans
- You can also pair it with the Satin A-Line Midi Skirt in Dust Pink for a more sophisticated look that sets off a pastel combination.
- Pair the Dove Countess Top with the Sukiso Eden White Eyelet Tiered Maxi Skirt for a basic clean white look.
- Take the Garden Of Love Countess Top and pair it with the Solid Linen Cuffed Pant With Belt for a printed floral look combination.
3. The Tied Detail
Cove Top, $54.95 - Sunset Picnic
It takes a lot of courage and confidence to be comfortable going around in bikini tops with ribbon straps. But if the top is as cute as this gingham one, why not? When you’re not on the beach, you can try sheer cover-ups without fully hiding the bikini top.
- Pair the Cove Top above with the On The Go Short for an interesting print-on-print play with yellow as a common color.
- Wear it with the Westport Incrediflex Denim Fit Solution Skinny Jeans for a sexy appeal. Use this Tie Front Crop Cardigan Wide Ruffle Sleeves Dot as an added cover-up.
- Try the Zen Top - Plus in Black with Dr2 Flowy Abstract Print Midi Skirt that’s a creative combination of plains and prints.
- Go with the Cove Top in Wild Instinct and pair it with the Westport Signature Skinny Jeans With Star Print - Plus which is a playful combination of stars and stripes in a washed-out tone.
4. The Cut-Out
Daydreaming Top, $54.95 - Water Lily Tie Die
Cut-out bikini tops give off an added edge to the bikini top look. The hole or gap in between is very sexy!
- Pair the Daydreaming top above with the Coco Cotton Wide Leg Pants - Plus for a comfortable and calming look that gives a hippie vibe.
- For lounging at the beach or by the pool, pair the same Daydreaming top with the Mid Ripped Stretch Denim Shorts and thong slippers.
- Another option to go with the Daydreaming top is the Westport Signature Denim Skirt With Back Slit for a more streamlined look that can be worn on city streets.
- Try the Black Remi Top together with the Heidi Triangle Flared Mini Skirt in Red for a flirty look. The Tie Front Crop With Stripe Print Top can be used as a cover-up.
5. The Shoulder Tie
Elise Top, $71.95 - Wild Instinct
Bikini tops with ribbon details on the shoulder give a dainty look. Just like the ruffles, they’re better off seen instead of hidden.
- Pair the Elise top above with the Animal Print Pleated Long Skirt for a full fierce animal-printed look. If you want added coverage on top, use this Sukiso Kimono Wrap Top.
- For a more casual weekend look, combine the Elise top with this Westport Signature Weekender Fray Hem Shorts in Medium Wash.
- Try the Dove Elise Top together with these Wide Leg Handcrafted Organic Linen Pants for a fresh crisp white attire.
- Wear this Water Lily Tie Dye Zuma Top with the Roz & Ali Secret Agent Pants With Slim Leg & Wide Waistband for a sleek navy look.
6. The Structured Top
Gigi Top, $71.95 - Eucalyptus
The structured bikini top is the most similar to the underwear bra. It can be wired and gives off a firmer feel and more coverage. Just make sure to wear one in bright colors and stay away from nude, white or black so you won’t look like you forgot to put on your shirt! With this type of bikini top, you can go with similarly structured bottoms for a more polished look.
- Pair the Gigi top above in Eucalyptus with this Fitted Midi Skirt in Olive. Combined, it becomes a two-toned green look of sophistication.
- Try the Gigi Top in Siena with this Short With Ruffle Detail In Tropical Print in Blue for a flirty tropical orange and blue combination outfit perfect for your next beach getaway.
- If you want a balanced look between structured and carefree, wear the Gigi top together with the Westport Signature Straight Leg With Destruction - Plus in Medium Wash and high heels.
- This Tie Front Bell Sleeve Crop Tie Front Fashion Top can be worn loosely over the Gigi top in Eucalyptus and paired with the Westport Signature Capri Pants With Knit Waist and sneakers for a casual yet feminine look.
Go Shirtless With Confidence!
Now is your chance to take the Bra Top trend to the street and try it out. Don’t be shy and give it a try. Just make sure you wear proper skin protection so you don’t burn under the sun. You can always bring a cover-up or a shirt in case you start feeling cold.