Pulling Off The Hamptons Look
We love the laidback casual looks for summer and we can’t think of anything better than the Hamptons style as our guide. For those on the East Coast, the Hamptons is a popular vacation destination, especially in the summer months when the water is just so inviting.
The place connotes a certain luxe resort chic that has become known all over. There are certain characteristics that make up the look. These are all white from head to toe, the color blue in different hues, light and airy garments, laidback and casual combinations, and the nautical style.
We’ve picked pieces that epitomize the Hamptons Look. Check them out and pick the perfect sophisticated summer ensemble for you.
When you search for images of the Hamptons, the color white stands out, not just in clothing but also in the interiors of the vacation homes and resorts. It’s simple, cool, clean and refreshing. All-white outfits also look polished even when they’re casual. It’s a look that anyone can pull off.
- This White Pompom Off Shoulder Butterfly Mini Dress is simple and easy to wear yet flirty and fun at the same time.
- The combination of this Roz & Ali Sleeveless Plain Popover and the Zac & Rachel Wide Leg Crop Pant is the best example of casual comfort in white. Add The Hamptons Canvas Beach Tote as you go around the place to complete the look.
- Try the Sukiso Eden White Eyelet Top and the Sukiso Eden White Eyelet Tiered Maxi Skirt if you’re looking for a bit more style and flair.
- Wear the White Cotton Maya Mini Dress which also fits into the light and airy category. It’s basic yet ultra-feminine.
- This White Crochet Detail Cover-Up can go from day to night. Wear it over a swimsuit, go around comfortably in it, and even wear it for a romantic dinner.
Blue will always be the color that calms and cools no matter what hue or shade it comes in. Next to white, it’s the color that comes to mind when the Hamptons is mentioned simply because that place is all about the clear summer sky and the great sea. All shades of blue are crucial to nail the Hamptons look.
- The Lola Button Up Midi Dress combines elegance and laidback style. It can be worn as a dress, as a cover-up or as an outer layer to a tank and shorts.
- Stay simple yet sophisticated in the Honey Bunny Blue Cotton Wrap Dress. Cotton is one of the best fabric choices for summer.
- For hassle-free dressing, pick the Blue Tye Dye Sleeveless Dress.
- Try a combination of plain and print in two different tones with the Women's Off Shoulder Casual Fashion Woven Top and the Westport Signature Capri Pants With Knit Waist.
- Go for the Short Sky Blue Lurex Tunic With Drawstring Dress - Plus which is light, airy, fuss free and fashionable.
- Carry The Hamptons Straw Large Logo Beach Tote which can fit all your summer essentials.
Light & Airy
Summer dressing is about keeping things light and breathable amidst the humidity and the heat. Cool fabrics like cotton and linen allow the skin to breathe. They keep the body covered while keeping it cool. You don’t want body-hugging outfits made of thick materials at this time. So stick to light ones that will let as much air through the garments.
- Try an easy black-and-white combination with the Meringue Summer Gingham Black Dress - Plus that doesn’t seem too dark or heavy for summer.
- Wear the Vintage Front Slit Button Down Midi Dress which has the right amount of detail in a good silhouette.
- Take it easy in this Plaid Woven Wrap With Ruffle Accent Dress in Red.
- Dress sexily in style and colors in the Sukiso Summer Bloom Dress
- Go for a basic combination of a primary color and a neutral shade with the Dr2 Short-Sleeved Top With Tassels and the Solid Linen Cuffed Pant With Belt.
- Use The Hamptons Logo Clutch Straw as the perfect accessory to a light outfit.
Laidback & Casual
Aside from light and breathable materials, you want to go for a laidback and casual style similar to California dressing. The outfits you pick should look fuss-free, simple and easy-going. Go with outfits that come as a matching pair or pick one-6piece garments so you won’t have to think of how to combine pieces.
- Take the Fenzi Smocked Top with its matching bottom, the Delhi Wide Leg Linen Pants - Plus. Add the Romania Oversized Linen Shirt - Plus as an outer piece which you can easily remove as needed.
- Try the combination of the Oasis Top and the Pacific Isle Short which shouts summer.
- Feel effortless in the Ecru V-Neckline Button Down Wide Leg Linen Jumpsuit Plus.
- Combine the Short With Ruffle Detail In Tropical Print and the Estelle Linen Top for a casual chic look.
- Another matching pair to wear is the Gia Short and the Lume Tank with their colorful tye-dye print.
- Use The Hamptons Canvas Overnight Travel Weekender Bag for your next summer vacation.
The nautical style is quintessential Hamptons look. It is just appropriate to the setting and activities of the community. Nautical is not just about stripes. It is also in patterns, the blue and white combination, or in certain elements of garments.
- Flow in this pretty Soft Blue Summer Ruffle Midi Dress with its sailor-like neckline.
- Dress up in the Wide Stripe Button Front Dress which definitely fits into all the characteristics of the Hamptons look.
- Try a shorter version of a typical nautical dress with the Selena Surplice V Neck Ruched Dress in Navy Stripe.
- Combine the Button Detail Cami Top and the Westport Signature Weekender Fray Hem Shorts for a more unconventional approach to the nautical style.
- Keep things casual and light with the Zac & Rachel Stripe Button Front Knit Top and the Cozy Comfy Short.
- Take The Hamptons Straw Colorblock Logo Beach Tote with you as your main summer bag.
Head Over To Relaxation
Wherever you’re headed this summer, take inspiration from the Hamptons look. Keep things light, casual, comfortable and effortless to pull off the look. We’ve got so many pieces you can take with you so start shopping.
Shop more pieces here.