SHADES FOR EVERY FACE SHAPE
Shades For Every Face Shape
The glaring summer sun can damage our eyes, especially when spending a lot of time outdoors during the day. One way to protect our eyes is by wearing sunglasses with UV protection. But finding the right style depends on your face shape. Sunglasses are considered accessories, and accessories aim to highlight features or add interest to certain areas. Accessories can make the look if the right one is chosen or break the look if they’re the wrong ones.
Since sunglasses come in various shapes, sizes, and colors, we’ll present a guide to making it easier for you to pick the best option for your face shape, whether you have a round, square, triangular, oval, heart, or diamond face. Remember that the key is balance.
Oversized Frames For Oval Faces
An oval-shaped faces has both a narrow forehead and jaw which creates an elongated illusion. Oval faces are usually thin and long which makes them the perfect shape for wearing oversized frames, which will add width to the face.
- The Adele Sunglasses have a square shape but with stud details on the frame that adds an interesting touch.
- Play with color with these Oversized Mirrored Lens Horned Rim Sunglasses.
- Explore lighter lenses with these Cd05 Trendy Oversize Pantone Lens Sunglasses.
- Dare to be chic and stand out with these Women’s Trendy Oversize Flat Top Metal Frame Sunglasses.
- Go soft with the Women's Round Cat Eye Oversize Sunglasses.
Sharp Angles For Round Faces
A round face barely has any sharp edges. The width of the forehead is similar to that of the jaw area with full cheeks, which is the widest area of the face. To balance this type of face shape, glasses with sharp or angular features are the best option. Bold rectangular frames will break the roundness of the face and bring focus to the eyes instead of the entire face.
- This Classic Horn Rimmed Rectangle Fashion Sunglasses fits the description that best suits a round face. The horn rims and black frame will draw attention to the eyes.
- These Azul Vintage Cat Eye Sunglasses will definitely create balance for the face with their angular edge.
- For a more masculine feel, try the Men's Vintage Retro Squared Sunglasses with their bold black frame.
- Take these Chantal Sunglasses wherever you go. Its leopard print thick frame will keep all eyes on your eyes.
- For more color options, check out this Modern Colored Rim Men's Horn Rimmed Sunglasses.
Soft Curves for Square Faces
A square face is similar to a round face in that the forehead and the jaw are similar in width. The difference is that a square face has sharper angles. Think strong jaws that are the same width as the cheeks and forehead. To balance out the angles, round frames would suit square faces more. It’s also best to find glasses that are wider than your cheekbones to create a fuller look.
- The Abby Sunglasses has a rounder lens but still have an angular tip which adds width to the entirety of the accessory.
- These Retro Horn Rimmed Keyhole Bridge Round Fashion Sunglasses have a thinner frame which will also soften the look of the face.
- For a light and soft look, these Modern Cat Eye Mirrored Flat Lens Sunglasses would be the best choice. It has a very thin half-frame and round lenses.
- Another option for a light frame and round lens are the Modern Fashion Round Flat Divider Bridge Sunglasses with an interesting bridge detail.
- This Modern Teardrop Aviator Sunglasses also fits the description that best suits a square face. Plus, Aviators make anyone look cool.
Bold Top For Triangular Faces
A triangular face has a wider jawline than the forehead. This makes the face seem much heavier at the bottom so the balance needed is to place more attention on the upper portion. Sunglasses with bold top half-frames will do the trick. Cat-eye-shaped glasses also accentuate the upper part and draw attention to the forehead instead of the jaw.
- The Cd11 Women's Brow Bar Mirrored Lens Cat Eye Sunglasses is a perfect example. It has a bold black accent at the top and has a cat-eye shape.
- The Flat Mirrored Lens Clubmaster Sunglasses has a bold black half-frame at the upper portion that will keep the attention of the eyes from looking lower.
- These Retro Fashion Round Clubmaster Flat Lens Sunglasses will not just bring balance but also soften the look of the face with their round lenses.
- The 226 Round Clubmaster Sunglasses give an illusion of a half frame with a bold black upper frame and a transparent lower frame.
- Stay protected in these Women's Bold Rimmed Mirrored Cat Eye Sunglasses that have a sophisticated touch with their thin gold frame.
Lower Details For Heart Faces
The heart-shaped face is the opposite of the triangular face. A Heart-shaped face has a wider forehead and a narrow jawline which make the face look like it’s getting smaller towards the chin. The key to creating balance is by having more details on the lower part of the glasses which will draw attention downwards. Round glasses also help soften the angular features at the bottom of the face.
- The Athina Sunglasses have a bold frame and square lenses that are thicker and wider at the bottom.
- These Half Frame Oversize Aviator Sunglasses add emphasis to the lower part by having the frame at the bottom.
- These June Minimalistic Design Sunglasses will keep things light while adding depth to the face.
- The Jamie Sunglasses will help soften the features of th face.
- The Jae Hand Polished Classic Vintage Sunglasses puts some twist to a classic style.
Soft Contrast For Diamond Faces
A diamond-shaped face has sharper and more angular features than an oval shaped face. It also has a narrow forehead and jawline which makes the face look long. What differentiates a diamond-shaped face is the defined cheekbones and fuller cheeks. This face shape has to be balanced out by softening the angles. This means going for curvier glasses like round or oval shaped.
- These Hipster Translucent Monochromatic Sunglasses will definitely soften the face with its frameless feature.
- This Classic Half Frame Round Cat Eye Sunglasses will balance out the facial features by adding emphasis above the eyes.
- The bridge detail of these Retro Mirrored Lens Teardrop Aviator Sunglasses will add curve and width to the upper portion of the face.
- Having extra details to the side and top will also draw attention to other areas of your face. Try the 284 Round Horn Rimmed Sunglasses With Side Detail.
- The Asa Sunglasses are Oval Shaped sunglasses that will add width to the upper portion of your face.
Always Carry A Pair With You
Don’t let your eyes suffer from the glare of the sun. Carry a pair of sunglasses with you wherever you go. There’s a right pair of shade for whatever face shape you may have so you don’t have to worry. Explore the styles, sizes and colors to see what will best suit you. They’re not just for summer so you’ll get to use them all-year round.
Shop more sunglasses here.