The Swimsuit As Your Main Summer Accessory
Summer is the best time to hit the beach or the pool, true. But have you considered wearing swimsuits as part of your #OOTD? Take your main summer accessory beyond vacations and staycations. You can wear them confidently like any other clothing piece, and when a chance to dip in a pool presents itself, you’ll be ready in a jiffy. We’ll show you how to take your swimsuit and make it a statement piece this summer.
Wear a Maillot as a Bodysuit
Because they’re skin-tight, one-piece swimsuits, or maillots, create a slimming effect that you’ll want all summer round. In fact, they make for a good replacement for tops and blouses all year round. Treat them as bodysuits. They’re cool to the skin and breathable. They’re also easy to wear under any type of bottom and you can be sure they’ll stay securely in place.
- Take this pure and plain Dove Astrid One Piece - Plus and pair it with printed shorts like the On The Go Short or the Gia Short to create a nice balance of plain and print as well as white and colored.
- Wear this Bliss One Piece in Black with the Printed Biker Shorts in Zebra for a classic black-and-white look that is so chic. You can also dress it up for a party by pairing it with this Flowy Maxi Skirts With Pocket or the Magnolia Pleated Skirt that has a similar criss-cross effect.
- Go for a bright and tropical look with the Bora Bora Flounce Mio together with the Satin A-Line Midi Skirt which creates a good blue and orange combination that will catch people’s attention in a good way.
- Wear this Royal Affair Multi Strap Swimsuit and keep it casual with the Coastal Short in Dove or the Westport Signature Capri Pants With Knit Waist - Plus in Blue.
- Pair this fitted Hillside V-Neck Side Shirred Swimsuit with loose pants like the 24seven Comfort Apparel Women Plus Wide-Leg Palazzo Pants. Dress them up with heels or stay comfortable in sandals. It’s a good enough outfit for lunch or dinner at a restaurant. Dress it up even more for a night out when paired with the Fitted Midi Skirt in Black.
Bikini Top Hacks
The bra top is a huge trend and luckily your bikini top is perfect for wearing out on the street. Bikini tops usually come in bold colors and pretty prints, so the material and design won’t make people think you forgot your shirt. But there are also other ways to wear a bikini top. You can wear them worn over plain shirts, under translucent tops, and paired with tank tops or vests. There’s no need to keep them hidden especially when they have aesthetic designs.
- Pair the Garden Of Love Gigi Top with the Wide Leg Cinched Waist Linen Pants. It’s a great combination of plain and printed plus the orange tones of the top and bottom complement each other. Make the look more interesting by wearing the Gigi Top over this Organic Linen Cinched Top which is the actual pair of the bottom.
- Wear the Zen Top - Plus in Black over this Tie Front Crop Cardigan Wide Ruffle Sleeves Dot for a different and unique look. Pair them with the Wide Leg Handcrafted Organic Linen Pants - Plus if you want an all-black look or try the One Size Fits Most Soft Printed Leggings in Black/ Gold for a nice touch of color.
- Try pairing this Dove Countess Top - Plus with the Blue Elasticated Belted Shorts and wear them underneath the Denim Embroidered Patchwork Duster for a refreshing white-and-blue look.
- We’re wearing things inside out this summer! Take the Dove Remi Top and use it as an anchor for the Beach Cover Up Strapless Tube Dress.
- Combine the Sunset Picnic Elise Top and the Pacific Isle Short with the Sukiso Eden White Eyelet Top. It’s an amazing combination for a day out in the sun.
Tank Top Substitutes
Tankini tops are the best substitutes for tank tops. They’re fitted, sweatproof, and dri-fit. Unlike one-piece swimsuits, they can conveniently be worn as separates. Tankini tops come in a variety of styles like simple fitted, tiered, cropped, shirred, wired, and so on. Pair them with shorts, jeans, skirts, or loose pants to create interesting but summer-appropriate looks.
- Try this Palm Cove Triple Tier Tankini with the Solid Skirt for a vibrant look or keep it looking fresh with the Super Stretchy Capri Jeans - Plus in White. A white bottom - like wide-leg pants or a cute mini skirt - will bring out the white accents of the top.
- Wear this Dots Vineyard Side Shirred Tankini Top and keep the look sexy with the Legging With Lattice Detail or keep the look casual and comfy while bringing out the blue tones of the top with the Coco Cotton Wide Leg Pants - Plus in Skyline color.
- This Vintage Floral Women High - Low Tankini Top - Plus has a loose hem that will go well with a fitted bottom like this pair of Super Soft Solid Color Capri Leggings - Plus in Fuchsia that will match the pink accents of the top.
- Highlight the aqua tones of this Below Deck Criss Cross Neck Tankini Top through the Zac And Rachel Millenium Capri. The pairing will make it seem as if they were designed for each other. You can also dress it up and make it seem like a dress by pairing it with a full navy skirt like the Kaii Pleated Waist Mid Length Puffy Skirt.
- With a dark base color, the Secret Garden Handkerchief Tankini Top will go well when paired with light colored bottoms like the Solid Linen Pant With Four Button Detail or the Peck & Peck Signature Capri With Crochet Detail.
Wear Your Swimsuits With Style
Summer is the best reason and excuse to take your swimsuit and wear it as your main accessory this season. Try them on and put a twist into your wardrobe. Wear your swimsuits in a way that you’ve never done before and see what captivating outfits you can come up with.
Shop more summer pieces here.