WHAT MAKES THESE THE PERFECT SUMMER DRESSES
What Makes These The Perfect Summer Dresses
Summer is here! Time for breezy dresses that show off tanned arms and legs and make you glow under the sun. But what exactly makes a dress the perfect summer dress?
Summer dresses are usually made of thinner and lighter material so they’re cooler to the body which helps make the heat bearable. They’re usually designed with short sleeves or no sleeves, with thin straps or so straps at all to expose more skin, allowing the skin to breathe. They can come in different lengths but we do love short summer dresses.
Here’s our take on what makes these pieces the perfect summer dresses for you to wear this season.
All About The Puff
If there’s one season where layering is non-existent or at a minimum, it’s summer. Now is the time to go big on volume with no outerwear to cover your cute outfit. Balloon sleeves or puff sleeves become the ideal accessory to an outfit. It adds a dramatic effect and allows more air to circulate inside the clothing which will make you feel more refreshed.
- This Strawberry Fields Puff Sleeve Linen Mini Dress has it all - the hem above the knees, a cool summer fabric, and huge puff sleeves that are the focus of the dress. Try it in another color with the Tosca Puff Sleeve Linen Mini Dress
- The Cherie Puff Sleeve Linen Midi Dress - Plus is the longer version of the dress above. It comes in four colors and is a great choice for lunch or dinner engagements.
- The Lilit Midi Dress, with its low front and back, has a more refined puff volume and has ruching details. It gives the appearance of a sweet but sultry look.
- The Peony V-Neck Midi Dress has a more formal feel while still being playful and fun with its ruffle puff sleeves and two-tier skirt.
- What makes the Almeria Smocked Midi Linen Dress- Plus unique is its smocked top which will let you wear the puff sleeves in two ways - up on the shoulders or down to create an off-shoulder look.
Ruffle It Up
Ruffles are the epitome of fun femininity and don’t girls just want to have fun all summer long? Ruffles not only create an interesting visual detail in your outfit, but they also highlight key portions in a flirty way. For these reasons, ruffled dresses make for the perfect summer dress.
- This White Cotton Maya Mini Dress or the Maya Ruffled Cotton Mini Dress in Tiffany look so light and breezy. Wear the sleeves on the shoulder or off the shoulder. The Peach Rosemary Ruffled Mini Summer Dress - Plus is the better option for plus size while the Off The Shoulder Ruffle Dress - Petite would be the go-to for extra small women.
- Thin, light, bright-colored, three-tiered skirt, and a detailed neckline, the Ruffle Short Dress has all the perfect summer dress characteristics.
- Go out in a burst of color and brighten everyone’s day with the Explosive Floral Ruffle Mini Dress.
- Ruffles, tie-dye, and cotton? Find them all in the Kalea Tie Dye Overlay Maxi Dress.
Shouldering The Details
Summer is all about showing off skin but the perfect summer dress exposes skin oh so stylishly. Go asymmetric and reveal just one shoulder. Choose straps with lace for a sweet expose. Try beribboned straps to highlight your sun-kissed shoulders.
- The ribbon detail on the Sienna One Shoulder Shirred Dress creates a focal accent to the patterned dress.
- Sukiso Women's Jasmine Dress carries flirty ruffles on the shoulder straps that make all the difference.
- The lace applique on the straps of this Meringue Summer Gingham Black Dress - Plus adds a soft touch to its black and white pattern.
- This Ruffle Drawstring Waist Tiered Dress - Petite has mini ruffles around its halter neckline making it pretty special.
- The added details by the shoulder of this Lola Button Up Midi Dress - Plus draw attention to the neck and face.
- Feel sexy in this Reese One Shoulder Cutout Dress, the perfect party dress for the season.
Time To Let Loose
Loosen up the clothing for these hot and possibly humid days. Loose pieces are easy and casual, that’s why this type of dress makes it perfect for summer. Let air circulate around your skin with these pieces that you’ll feel comfortable moving in wherever you go.
- Allow yourself to bloom in the Sukiso Women's Francesca Dress, whether you’re just at home or out with friends.
- Stay colorful in the Vibrant Tie-Dye Maxi Dress With Side Slits which comes in four colors. It’s so easy to wear that you’ll want to wear it every day of the summer.
- Cover up but be comfortable in this Wide Animal Print Dress. Dress it up or down whichever way you want.
- This One Spirit Pocket Shirt Dress is the answer to wanting to wear just a T-shirt without pants.
- Opt for a young, innocent vibe with the Babydoll Loose Fit Tank Dress With Ditsy Floral.
- The Sukiso Violetta Dress In White will make you feel as if you’re wearing nothing at all.
That’s A Wrap
We love clothes that you can easily wear over swimsuits or bikinis. That’s what makes wrap dresses the perfect summer dress. They’re easy to wear and can be removed with just a pull of the ribbon. Take them everywhere you go and have a hassle-free outfit change. They can serve as beach cover-ups as well.
- The Honey Bunny Blue Cotton Wrap Dress is so refreshing to the eyes. With its light cool hue, cotton fabric, and puffy volume, it can be your go-to dress for all summer events. Dare for a brighter color option with the Playful Fuchsia Poplin Cotton Wrap Dress.
- Look fierce in this Set Sail Puff Sleeve Wrap Midi Dress where elegance and sophistication fuse smoothly.
- Add a classic touch to your summer wardrobe with this Plaid Woven Wrap With Ruffle Accent Dress that even has button details.
- Take an all-American approach in red, white, and blue with the Julia Jordan Wrap Stripe Dress.
- Carry over spring’s popular print with the Carmen Wrap Maxi Dress in florals.
Take These Perfect Summer Dresses To The Streets
Parade around town in the perfect summer dresses with their dramatic volume, sexy details, or billowy silhouettes. Release your ultra-feminine vibe while wearing these and let it infect others to do the same.
Shop more summer dresses here.