Planned your trip for the summer? We’re here with outfit suggestions for every destination. You could choose to go to another city or state, or even maybe another country. You can also visit a place near the sea or a lake. There are many things to do over the following hot months and many places to explore.
As your exciting trip approaches, it’s important to consider what to pack and make sure you have what you need to avoid last-minute shopping and stress. So whichever destination you choose to spend some time of your summer, you can count on Dressbarn to supply your wardrobe needs and hassle-free shopping.
Take a look at some of our choice pieces for various summer destination ideas.
Basking On An Island
The most common place to go for summer is to the beach on a tropical island or to warmer coasts. Bask under the sun, get a tan and enjoy the water with the view. Feel the sand on your feet, the sun on your skin, and the water on your body. Aside from sunbathing and swimming, you can do various water sports or activities, and explore what resorts have to offer like spa services, drinks at a bar, buffets, and more.
- Expose your skin for that gorgeous tan in the Love Letters Sun Dress.
- Be ready to party on tropical shores wearing the Trendy Polyester Flora Tubedress - Plus.
- Go around in the Tie Front Sleeveless Cut Out Waist Romper In Ditsy which is a more comfortable alternative to wearing a swimsuit all day.
- Maximize the tropical feel in the Smocked Tube Maxi Dress In Tropical Print.
- Enjoy drinks at a bar or a feast at the buffet in the Dr2 Sleeveless Floral Top and the H Halston Belted Short.
Cruising Out To Sea
Everyone should experience a cruise in their lifetime and summer is the best time to do so as the waters are warm and calm. There are also plenty of activities to do on a cruise. There are games and activities that you’ll want to be dressed comfortably for. But there’s also a chance to dress up for events or formal dinners. When going outside to the deck, make sure to wear clothes that won’t be blown away by the sea breeze.
- Wear a matching outfit like the Hailey Elasticated Belted Shorts - Plus and the Hailey Oversized Color Block Shirt that will make decision-making a lot easier.
- Go for a nautical look with the H Halston Sleeveless Scarf Tie Detail Pullover and the Westport Signature Weekender Fray Hem Shorts.
- Dress up in style with the Summer V Neck Tiered Maxi Dress for indoor events.
- Look chic and classic for meals in the Marissa Two-Tone A-Line Midi Dress With Front Slit.
- Wear the Elegant Pearl Button Down Juliette Dress for evening parties on deck.
Camping By A Lake
Camping is a fun activity that families and friends look forward to doing over the summer. It’s a chance to do something physical, enjoy a different environment, and get away from your daily routines. There are many activities that you can do when camping like fishing at the lake, swimming, bird watching, stargazing, swapping stories by a campfire and so many more. Your outfit should allow you to move freely and be active. It’s time to lose the heels and switch to sneakers or sports sandals.
- For a coordinated look that’s sporty and casual, try the Drifter Top - Plus and the Pink Sands Pasea Pant - Plus.
- Wear the Thalia Midi Dress once you’re settled at camp and enjoy the view.
- The H Halston 3 Quarter Sleeve Banded Wrap Dress - Plus in Navy is the perfect camp dress that’s short, easy to move around, and brings that casual chic style.
- Another activewear style dress to pack is the Twofer Midi Dress With Tie that looks good with sneakers so you can freely run around if you want to.
- Stay cool during the day in the Fenzi Smocked Top and the Westport Signature Capri Pants With Knit Waist.
Strolling Through A City
Cross the city or state border to walk around an unfamiliar territory and discover new and hidden gems. Going out of your comfort zone and letting yourself wander in a new place requires risk and daring. To compensate for that, choose to wear comfortable clothing that you can go around in no matter what the weather is or time of day.
- Try this Floral Knot Sleeve Midi Dress that can easily be paired with sandals or sneakers for strolling through busy streets on a hot day.
- Play it safe in the H Halston Sleeveless Ruffle Lace Applique Blouse and the Westport Signature Capri Pants With A Dolphin Hem. You’ll definitely be able to wear this outfit the entire day while exploring shops and museums.
- Put on the August Draped Midi Length Fit And Flare Dress for a lunch or dinner engagement with new or old friends in the city.
- Bring the summer feel to the streets with this H Halston Short Sleeve Mix Media Dress - Plus that’s made of cotton and comes in bright playful colors.
Go around comfortable wearing the Off The Shoulder Long Sleeve Blousant Top In Stripe Chiffon and the Jolene Short.
Exploring A New Country
Traveling to another country is always exciting and there are always several choices to make in terms of where to go, what to do, what to eat, and what to wear. You’ll want to be fashionable but comfortable at the same time. You can only be prepared up to a certain extent so always be ready for anything like weather changes, cultural differences, traditions, etc. It’s good to dress modestly and appropriately for the weather and site conditions.
- Take the Floral Maxi Dress With Back Opening that exposes just the right amount of bare skin.
- Go around the place in a simple yet classy fashion in the Yvette Slvless Dropped Waist Dress.
- Try a one-piece outfit like the Hazel Wide Leg Button Downlinen Jumpsuit that’s loose-fitting yet stylish and comfy.
- Go for simple details like the ruffles in this H Halston Sleeveless Ruffle Strap Blouse -Plus and pair it with some color for contrast like the Wide Leg Cinched Waist Linen Pants.
- Match colors for a harmonized look like the Figueroa & Flower 3/4 Sleeve Embroidered Blouse together with the Westport Signature Shorts With Side Slit.
Enjoy Your Summer In The Right Clothes
Summer is meant to be enjoyed with family or friends in special places. Pack the right clothes to fully enjoy the experience in style.
Shop more summer wardrobe pieces here.